London Mosaic repair and restore Victorian and Edwardian tessellated hallways and pathways and are specialists in the supply of pre-assembled sheeted Victorian geometric floor tile designs.
Our restoration service commonly involves the careful removal of damaged sections of mosaic, replacing damaged or missing areas with tiles cut to match the dimensions of the originals. Where appropriate we aim to carry out repairs with salvaged original stock and closely match colours with modern equivalents. Loose areas of geometric tiles are usually lifted and reinstalled at the correct level. The tiles are then chemically cleaned to remove ingrained dirt and residues.
General care and maintenance of interior tile schemes
- Try to keep dust free and vacuum once a week.
- Mop regularly with luke warm water.
- When using detergent, ensure it is compatible with any sealant that may have been used on the floor. Always follow manufactures guidelines and consult the fitter or restorer of the floor.
- Strong chemicals are not advised for regular maintenance.
- Ask your tiler or restorer for advice with on-going maintenance once works have been completed and request a data sheet on the products used.
Restored Victorian floor tiles